Monday, October 13, 2014

Strength In Numbers

Strength In Numbers
By Joeysguy

A few years back I joined a group of strangers

I went there looking for answers


To join here was such a high cost

It was with a piece of my heart I had lost


That cost was my losing my wife

All these strangers here also lost someone from their life


Joining the group we all paid the dues

With a life of someone we did lose


Nobody thinks of being a member here

That first day can be hard to share


We fight our emotions most everyday

Our grief or tears can get in our way


Life has become different in many ways

Just to do something might take days


We all had come here with grief

Where here looking for some kind of relief


Even though we can be weak and cry

Time shows that we can get by


This is where some of us belong

Our time together helps to make us strong
 

No comments:

Post a Comment