Friday, June 25, 2010

Joey Poem (3)

To My Wife 3
by Michael A Gelb

When I was young at age seventeen
I met my future wife who was nearly sixteen
When I was age twenty one wild and free
I ask my love if she would marry me
Not thinking how fast time passes by
We got older and older my wife and I
Thinking back I did not know
How much my love for my wife would grow
On January fifth two thousand and nine
I lost my wife I thought would always be mine
You find out how time flies
When someone you love dies
We were together fifty plus years
Now my eyes are filled with tears
In a poem written by my wife
Something she had written early in life
She wrote, in her dreams our lips have met
You wait honey I will hook you yet
When I sit and look at pictures of my wife
How pretty she was and how short was her life
It is over a year that my wife is gone
People say I must move on
My children are all now grown
They have children of their own
I loved my wife so very much
And now I will no longer feel her touch

No comments:

Post a Comment