Friday, June 25, 2010

To My Joey and Children

To My Joey and Children by Michael A Gelb I have made many mistakes in my life Except the day I took a wife From that came the pitter patter of six little feet That truly made my life complete The days I hate are your birthdays I believe Because you get older and so you will leave I wish time would stop on Christmas day So you would stay small to play and play Before the day comes when you say goodbye I hope that everything you want I could buy As far as things for my wife No hurry we have all of our life The one thing I have plenty of Is my wife and children I truly love Love is the only thing I want from you Forever and ever you will love me true As a husband and father Im not the best But how do I compare to all the rest If anything should ever break us up I think I would shatter like a cup You all have a piece of my heart Please, please do not tear it apart I do not know what else to say Except god protect my family everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment