Friday, July 2, 2010

Thinking Back

Joey
by Michael A Gelb 10


When we were young and before she was my wife
I didn’t know she was going to be the love of my life
I miss those special times that we had
I miss all the times so very bad
I don’t know where I found a talent to write poems late in my life
It must come from the woman I loved who was my wife
Over the years we have had arguments and called each other names
Like little kids playing silly games
In a picture of my wife the sun shines in her hair and makes it glow
To me she looks like my loving angel with a halo
Thinking back on our first pregnancy
That was hard for my wife and me
Some times she had morning sickness
At times she had made a mess
In that nine month period of time
She had fallen for the third time
My heart was divided in quarters
My wife my son and my two daughters
I think my heart will become whole
That day that my wife takes my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment