Monday, December 6, 2010

Filled Heart

Filled Heart
By Michael A Gelb

It’s coming up on two years
My eyes still fill with tears

I keep thinking back at my life
Did I do all I could for my wife

When I met my future wife it was a new start
I found someone that filled my heart

My wife never asked for much
I loved her more with every touch

When I would touch her face
It was soft and delicate like a fine lace

When she passed, my heart was torn out
Sometimes I cry and I might even shout

At night when I go to bed
Thoughts of my wife fill my head

I would like to see a sign
That her love will forever be mine

How many times I’ve said I miss you
I wish I could again say the words I do

I love to dream of my wife
That’s the way I relive my life

I say to my wife if reincarnation is true
Go slow my love so I can catch up to you

No comments:

Post a Comment