Saturday, December 25, 2010

Times Change

Times Change
By Michael A Gelb

I was born in the year 1940
Growing up I was a little naughty

I was a little scared
To really be bad

We started to see many strangers
People reacted to different dangers

My mother and her friends stopped the late night talks
People were being more careful during walks

My mother and friends started locking doors
We seen protective gates going up on the local stores

My family and I lived in New York City
Things became worse and not to pretty

Garbage thrown in the yard and the street
By people that were not clean or neat

Women could not walk by men without words
Men would make sounds like chirping birds

After a few years of worry for my kids and wife
We moved from the city and started a new life

No comments:

Post a Comment