Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Michael

Michael
By Joeysguy




As a young boy I was built like a ball

Then at age 16 I grew to over 6 foot tall




Never finishing high school, I went to work

To help my mother, I worked as a clerk




I met the girl who would be in my life

Kiss me, love me and be my wife




From that first day that I lost my wife

It’s taken so much from my life




Some of my poems might be a little long

Some words I might have spelled wrong




I don’t think of myself as a poet

I don’t understand poems, I know it




Reading a poem and trying to understand

It’s hard for me, it’s much a demand




My poems come from my head and my heart

The love for my wife does stand apart




I read and post my poems for people to see

To tell of the feelings that are in me




My poems are fact and true

I appreciate your listening and I thank you




 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment