Monday, May 6, 2013

My Last Balloon

My Last Balloon

By Joeysguy


On special days I fly a balloon to my wife

Who is no longer here in the physical life



I release them during the morning light

I can watch them go out of sight




The balloons go up and away

Taking a path that I will take someday




I write messages on the balloons

Sometimes I put a note in the balloons




Before releasing them I give them a kiss

Till my last balloon, I will keep doing this




Each balloon carries a little extra part

They carry a piece from my heart




For me this is one way of keeping something together

So I can be with her forever




A little piece of my heart in each balloon

With my life’s end to follow soon



On a special day that would be my goal

If my last balloon was my soul

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment