Friday, November 29, 2013

So Close, So Far

So Close, So Far
By Joeysguy


So close is a husband and wife

Closer than most things in life


I gave the rest of my heart away

Given to her on our wedding day


From the day she became my bride

All the years we were side by side


The beauty that I had in my life

It was in the face of my wife


She’s in my heart and in my head

But no longer shares my bed


In those times when I would cry

Thoughts of her is the reason why


She’s always been the strength in my life

So much love I have for my wife


We took an oath as husband and wife

With death, it’s now in stone for all of life


She was as close as someone can be

Now in heaven she is so far from me


She’s still my girl, and will always be

For the love of her that I feel inside me



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment