Sunday, July 27, 2014

Reflections

Reflections
By Joeysguy

When my kids were young they would run around

You always new where they were just by the sound




Someone would bring home a dog or a cat

One daughter even had a pet rat




With everything my wife was at my side

Until that horrible day that she died




I’m looking at a picture, that was our wedding day

I can’t remember all of the words we did say




This picture shows our marriage sealed with a kiss

My tears are a reminder, I will never again have this




With my wife gone and my kids grown

My dogs are gone and I live alone




I wish my wife walked through the door

So I could hold her and kiss her once more




In my house I’m always seeing a figure

It can look smaller but it’s never bigger




I see this figure in every room

It looks at me with the face of gloom




I’ve seen this figure just a short time in my life

Tell me figure are you my wife




The figure speaks and I know this voice

Figure your not my choice




The figure is in everything that has a shine

It’s a reflection that is always mine



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment