Monday, July 14, 2014

With Pride

With Pride
By Joeysguy
It’s so dark in here, it must be night 
I see an opening, I can see some light

Why are these people pulling on me
I guess out there I should be

I’m upside down, you hit me and I cried
That hurt and left me teary-eyed

Who’s this lady you put me alongside
Who’s this man staring with so much pride

Are they someone that I should know
When they leave will I also go

This lady says her name is mom
She puts out her hands and wants me to come

The man is called dad 
They are so nice and never seem sad

Will this good feeling always last
Time has gone by and it seemed so fast

In the blink of an eye
I’ve learned what it is to cry

With little suffering and not much sound
Mom and dad are now in the ground

They said we are of one heart
Even in death we can never be apart

Now I look at this lady with our baby at her side
How beautiful, and I’m so full of pride

No comments:

Post a Comment