Sunday, March 30, 2014

Helen's Daughter

Helen’s Daughter
By Joeysguy



Helen, Since your daughter is back with you

This writing is long overdue



When your daughter became my wife

I also became her protector in life



She developed heart problems like you

And died because of it too




I feel I failed to keep her alive

I’m sorry that she didn’t survive



Lots of my memories bring out my tears

But I wouldn’t trade away any of those years



Being with her on that very last day

That’s the time I wish I could trade away




Will you watch over her with care

Hold on to her till the day that I get there




She has given me some special days

With balloons and candles I show some loving ways




I never new how empty I could be

Until your daughter passed and left me




I was a husband to my wife

Now a widower for the rest of my life




 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment